Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ah! Weddings!

Kirsty shared...so I thought I better do the wedding pic thing too, but this is the only one I can find handy without leaving all of HP in it, so you'll have to make due with this cropped shot. I'm not a wedding person really and was a bit traumatised by the whole shebang and glad when it was all over! November 20 2004.
And here's one of our cake, 'cause I reckon it was a ripper (as I would, as I picked out the design and the little people on top):

our wedding cake

Here's my mum and dad...somehow I think Mum's Doris Day-esque look will stand the test of time better than my one-shoulder-white-satin-with-lilac-beaded-satin-overlay-dress-that-stuck-to-my-gut...hahah.



Kirst has started something...I think everyone should show us their wedding pics, good, bad, indifferent!


5 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Steph, it's beautiful!
I love that cake topper...hilarious.

Cindy said...

I don't know why you keep giving yourself a hard time, you look beautiful. You need to top that. Your mum and dad were rocking it out too. Maybe I shall join in the wedding fravolity

Kirsty said...

Steph - the cake's fabulous & what I can see of you (& the date's shoulder) looks gorgeous. Ditto for the parents.

The Essess said...

must say I like the wedding dresses from the 50s and 60s they seem to last the test of time in photos. Im very impressed with the cake topper, what a crack up!!!

Jessica Lonard (The Crafty Librarian) said...

I think you looked lovely! I am not yet married, so will just wander around looking at other's wedding shots. I must say, the cake topper was terrific.


Pic from Miss Retro Modern's fab collection here.

Trying...