I know, you're wondering where's part 1? Part 1 is a brown dress out of an op-shopped sheet that I started yesterday and got a bit flummoxed by the collar and lining of, let alone the help from the cat (pics to come)...so I thought I'd start by showing you my successful Wardrobe Refashion attempt.
Two op-shopped pillowcases (sorry Kirst! As I was cutting I thought of you and wondered if you'd be upset by me hacking into them!), a BASIC pattern, some Kutie goodness, and et voila! - a skirtaloon! (As HP and I call them.)
I used a very easy Butterick 3134 pattern: View B (and because I'm a dunderhead, I've left the pattern at home so I've grabbed the pic off their site - it's the second from the left), and made it even easier by not putting on the waistband or putting in a zip. Yes, I used Gemma's super-fantastic fold over elastic!
Cutting up sheet in progress:
My skirt has an extra seam down the middle panel, as it was supposed to be cut on the fold, but the pillowcases didn't have enough room, so I used the side pillowcase seam as the centre skirt seam.
I would be wearing it right now, but it's pouring rain out there, and rather freezing, so skirt will have to wait for a nice day.