Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mixtogether Saturday

Although the weekend was melty, I got my act together to go to Mixtogether at Amitie. I think Amitie is going to be my home away from home this year, as a lot of the crafty gatherings I've committed to are happening there. And of course, all that fabric! Mmmm.
Photos from Mixtogether:
That's Fii's thumb and some of the booty she received in her pressie from Kitty.

Project o' the day, Russian dolly decorations.


As usual, we had to bring a crafy pressie to swap, this time it was crafting supplies. Kirsty happened to bring along her gift in a bamboo steamer, which I chose out of the basket because I don't have one already. And what a great choice it was! Embroidery floss, a hoop, and various blanks for stitching on. A serendipitious choice indeed. Thanks Kirst!

Our crafty project ended up being little Russian dolly decorations. Here's one of mine hanging around:

Hurrah for Mixtape! Thanks gals.

6 comments:

CurlyPops said...

You picked the perfect pressie. Hurrah indeedy!

Holly said...

That was such a fun night!

I've signed up for all the Craft Minx nights (except the week when my wisdom teeth come out). It should be good! Food, friends, fabric, and Amitie... And air con!

~Holly

http://twocheeseplease.livejournal.com

Jenaveve said...

Love the bamboo steamer (great packaging idea).

*sigh* only problem with living out of town is not being able to go to these wonderful nights. Be keeping an eye on your craftiness though.

Oh yeah - you're in Albert Park. I worked down the road from a really ace bookshop once, it's called 5th Avenue (hopefully is still there).

Taccolina said...

Wasn't it fun? Lovely to meet you, and I'm still overwhelmed by all the goodness in your crafty giveaway pack. Woo! See you soon.

Lou said...

They are so cute.

Anonymous said...

awww they are so cute!


Pic from Miss Retro Modern's fab collection here.

Trying...